Monday, March 14, 2011

Serious: about NIVEA.


Hi my loves,
today I'm gonna talk about something really serious. In january I went to Vila Velha, it's a beach here in Brazil. I have always used sundown sunblock but everybody was telling me how good nivea is so i tought I might give it a try. I bought the nivea protect and bronze sun lotion SPF 30.

The first day the sun came out I went to the beach with my family. I always put sunscreen on every hour. At the end of the day my legs were really red and sore, I tought I had a normally sun burn so I just put some hydrating body lotion.

The next day when I got out of beg I could barely stand. It hurt so bad you can't even imagine. Every time I tried to stand I had to stay still for almost 3 minutes with my boyfriend holding me to wait for the pain to minimize. At the end of that day I noticed my feet were swollen but it wasn't a big deal. So I tought I might wait to go to the hospital.

The next day my feet have doubled their size and my ankles were swollen just as well, and my legs were so red and sore, I couldn't touch it because it felt like a 1000 knifes cutting me. So i decided it was time to head to the hospital.

When I got at the hospital the doctor told me I had a 1st to 2nd degree burn. It wasn't just a sunburn I had a real burn and it was serious. The doctor told me that I wasn't the first one to show up there with a real burn after using NIVEA. The nurse told me her niece had the same thing and she used the same sun lotion as I did. I had to use a cold hydranting body lotion, and tons of pain medication for weeks. The major risk was getting an infection because my skin was really exposed.

This is how my legs looked 2 days after tI went to the doctor. It looks really red and swollen. It got a little bit more swollen the next days but I don't got a better picture of it.











So I just wanted to warn you about NIVEA, so you don't have to go trough what I did.
Love and red legs,
Gaby









No comments:

Post a Comment